Milk Fiber was firstly introduced in 1930 in Italy & America to compete with wool. It is also known as Casein Fiber or milk wool. It is a type of Azlon a regenerated protein fiber based on the casein protein found in milk. There are several trade names for milk casein-based fibers including Lanital, Fibrolane, and Aralac.
Characteristics of Milk Fiber:
In Casein fiber, the natural protein humectant factor is present, which makes the skin delicate and smooth…
- It absorbs moisture very well as it is hygroscopic in nature.
- It is antibacterial and antifungal as amino acids present in the fiber.
- This Fiber is glossy and luxurious in appearance, feel, and comfortability, just like silk..
- It is very easy to dye and can be dyed under normal temperature
- It can be blended well with other different fibers, such as Tencel, cotton, bamboo, and modal fiber.
Cyarn milk protein fiber dewaters and skims milk, and manufactures the protein spinning fluid suitable for the wet spinning process by means of new bio-engineering technique, and new high-grade textile fiber is made by combining them.
Today’s Casein Fiber is environmentally friendly, high strength & much more superior as compare to man-made fibers. Some of the benefits are as given below:
- As it is having a continuous graft polymerization technique hence it is totally eco-friendly in nature.
- It can be considered as a “Green Product” as no formaldehyde is present in the product.
- It is made from milk casein instead of fresh milk. We may use acid, reactive or cationic dyes for this kind of specialty fiber.
- The ph of this fiber is 6.8 which is the same as that of human skin. Hence the products made up of them are more compatible with human skin.
- It contains seventeen amino acids & the natural anti-bacterial rate is above eighty percent. Hence Casein fiber has a sanitarian function.
- It is a new synthetic Fiber having milk protein as the main material based on high technical processes. Casein Fiber has the advantages of natural Fiber combined with synthetic Fiber.
- These are more comfortable, excellent water transportation & air permeability
Milk Fiber Application and Uses
Because of the healthy & bacteriostatic nature of milk Fiber, it is being considered a perfect material for manufacturing underwear. As discussed above, milk casein proteins are considered as the main ingredient of milk protein Fiber, which can lubricate the skin. The milk protein contains the natural humectant factor which can help to maintain the skin moisture, to reduce the wrinkles & to smoothen the skin – which may help to realize the people of taking a milk bath. The major usages of Casein Fiber are as given below:
- Ladies outerwear